[ Up | Next ]
The WLAW (now WRKO) towers on Meadow Road in Burlington have been landmarks since their construction in 1946. On entering the transmitter building, the first thing one sees is this Gates phasor, perhaps the only equipment in the building never to have moved from its original location. We think this unit was probably installed in 1967, when the station switched to DA-2 operation. The knobs control variable inductors and capacitors inside the unit; the meter at top center shows common-point current.
Copyright 2004, Garrett Wollman. All rights reserved. Photograph taken 2004-05-06.