[ Up | Prior | Next ]
This is KTOB's transmitter building. It's plausible that the station had studios here as well, when it first signed on in 1950 (as KAFP), but directories from that period list only a post office box until 1966, when the studios are definitely at 21 Washington St. downtown. The call sign, by the way, stands for "Top Of the Bay", which was the name of the company that purchased the station in 1962.
Copyright 2012, Garrett Wollman. All rights reserved. Photograph taken 2012-05-04.